Search

1. Welcome, attendance& apologies

Present: Karen Malcolm (KM), Elizabeth Walker (LW), Kerry McKendrick (KMcK), Duncan Adam (DA),Paddy Douglas-Early (PD-E),Steve Banks (SB), Richard Graham (RG), Jeannette Crawford (JC), Kerr Bryson (KB), Shona Finnie (SF) , Patrick Ramsey (PR),Ross Anderson (RA),Cllr Andy Doig, Cllr Emma Rodden, Cllr Gillian Graham, Cllr Chris Gilmour.

Also, a large public presence (see appendix)


2. Minutes last meeting

Moved by (KB) and seconded (SF).


3.Chair’s Report

AB resignation accepted. KMcK suggested that SB should stand in as chair for this meeting given short notice / business to attend. Role of chair will rotate until new chair elected. Approved unanimously.


4.Treasurer’s Report

KM £3738 in single account at RBS (including £228 public donation). Account will now move to BOS. £500 cheque issued as contribution to Burnfoot Planning Consultancy expenses as previously agreed.


5. Police Report

No report submitted this month by community police officers. SB to clarify.


6. Councillors’ updates

Cllr Andy Doig: re-elected.Independent.

Cllr Emma Rodden:re-elected. SNP.

Cllr Gillian Graham: elected Labour.

Cllr Chris Gilmour: elected Labour.

Cllrs Doig and Gilmour sit on Climate Change and Planning Policy Committee.


7. Co-option of new member to LCC

Mr Arthur Donnachie. Retired trade union negotiator with local authority experience. LCC can co-opt ¼ membership. Currently 12 elected members and one co-opted (SB). Proposed by SB. No objections.


9. Meeting with LCDT

Chair of LCDT has declined to attend.

A meeting with LCDT had been suggested by the LCC planning subcommittee (KMcK, RA, DA). The aim of this meeting was to information share, collaborate in local planning issues and avoid duplication of effort particularly now that a Local development Officer has been recruited by LCDT.

Many members of the public and ‘Larder’ volunteers were in attendance at tonight’s LCC meeting. They report email/online criticism of ‘The Larder’ and its volunteers. Some of the exchanges have been perceived as personal threats. (Kirsten Bisset, Tori Bell, Angela O’Neil). In addition a number of posts are reported as being made by LCC member(s).

Reassurance was given that the LCC per se has had no formal standpoint with regards to the Larder.

As a result, two community leaders have stood down.

Motion 1: (KMcK/KM) Cllr Emma Rodden will invite members of LCC and LCDT to meet and discuss.

Motion 2: (PR/LW) If any LCC member(s) are alleged to have posted derogatory posts on social media, it would be investigated with regard to the Code of Conduct.

10. Burnfoot /LDP

Re-briefing of new council members will proceed prior to Planning Board Meeting on 23 August 2022. **** Extra Meeting of LCC in July required prior to this ****


11. Lochead Avenue temporary works at Larder

A range of persons from the public seating spoke to the social and economic value of the work of the Larder with great passion and commitment. They emphasised it’s role given the “cost of living crisis” and the number of households in need of assistance.

KMcK reiterated that LCC has no objection but is on record as saying that ‘brown field sites’ (such as Lochhead Ave) are its preferred option for future house building rather than ‘Green field sites ‘and so we cannot guarantee future long-term support for protection if suitable housing sites required.

There were no objections to the temporary proposals.


12. Mr John Blackburn

Plea for help from LCC and local councillors from member of public who has been served with a writ by a neighbour. Public access issue. Court proceedings in due course. Advice has been offered as far as possible by Cllr Doig, SB and members of LCC. No further action appropriate.


13. Temporary Chair (SB) expressed gratitude for the presence and participation at tonight’s meeting by members of the local community. He hoped that the LCC had been able to reassure them of its intentions.


Next Meeting: 5 July 2022 7.30 pm at Lochwinnoch Bowling Club


Appendix: public attendance

T.Miller, A.Capuano, A. O’Neill, C.Keir, A.Hogan, V.Hutton, B.Irvine, S.Reid, L.McKinlay, A.Hutton, C.Harris, Z.Bhatia, R.H. Chambers, R.J.Blackburn, E.Beattie, E. Davidson, Janice and Dougie Long.

30 views0 comments

1 Attendance: Kerr Bryson (KB), Duncan Adam (DA), Kerry McKendrick (KMcK), Steve Banks (SB), Karen Malcolm (KM), Alan Bissett (AB), Dick Graham (DG), Paddy Douglas-Early (PDE), Councillor Andy Doig (C/AD).

Apologies: Ross Anderson, Jeannette Cannon.


2 Police Report: written report detailed by Chair. Heavy bias toward road traffic items. 6 recorded crimes, 2 detected.


3 Minutes April meeting: moved by KB, seconded by PDE.


4 Matters arising:

*Treasurer’s report taken here due to change of disbursement of Ogilvie Homes monies via Community Council account was discussed. Determined to advise Council they must transfer monies as previously suggested.

Also issues relating to Covid Fund/personal donations. Determined to offer donors return of monies.

Determined to pay any necessary expenses of Planning Group for the services of the planning consultant ( reference Ross Anderson (RA) ).

*recording device monitoring traffic speeds moving from Spar to other site after repair.


Councillor Doig report:

*speeding traffic is key issue for voters @ Johnshill.

*mast for Paisley FM requires location in area.

*obtained study into additional powers for local wardens at last Council meeting before poll.

*future idea of collective dialogue across CCs on planning/development discipline –agenda item.


5 Planning issues:

*Burnfoot: copy of response to Planning Framework IV document sent to MSPs etc. Responses from Russell Findlay, Katy Clark with a focus on protecting the CMR Park. Nothing to date from Green, Ross Greer.

*44 High Street, former Chapel site: SB has confirmed original CC position on site @ proposal for affordable housing provided by social landlord, replacement of cherry trees, cpnservation area status. Other objections from the community focus on aesthetics/design.

*LCDT: KM feels there should be more liaison between the Trust and CC. Substantive issue arises over different perspectives on asset transfers particularly Lochead Avenue, where we historically favoured development of affordable housing. Also now apparent asset transfer on the parish church building for an arts venue via the LCDT.

C/AD to share previous email detailing Council’s position circa 2019 on Lochead Avenue site.

Determined to invite LCDT to speak to CC and for CC to further consider use of Lochead Avenue site in the light of current circumstances.


6 Wet Meadow site issues: there have been significant problems for Gala Day organization in consequence of the works. Meeting was convened by C/AD today involving 3 no. Council staff, Gala Day organizers and a CC representative (SB).

The original site for wild beds have been moved after consultation with SEPA, to avoid having to adopt an application under the CAR scheme for river bank developments within 10 metres of the river.

The officials will facilitate redrafting plans of the Gala Day site and achieving licensing of the event.


Additional item: Issue of missing “Struthers Stone”; reported by KM, C/AD to follow up.


The meeting having overrun, it was agreed to carry over items “Calder Glen Access”, “Phone Box” to the next meeting which will be on


TUESDAY, 07 JUNE, 2022 – 18.30 LCDT REPRESENTATIVE – 19.30 LCC MEETING



41 views0 comments

On Monday 4 April, Lochwinnoch Community Council (LCC) held a special public meeting to deliberate and decide on the applications to the Ogilvie Homes/Station Rise £44,000 fund.

The total amount requested from all applicants was £69,100, which meant that unfortunately we were not able to recommend funding for all applicants. In some cases applications did not meet our stated criteria, particularly that the funding should be for capital expenditure rather than operational.


Our aim was to fund as many organisations as possible. This has resulted in most applicants receiving a portion of their original request. Some applicants applied in the knowledge that additional funding would be required for their projects, while others requested their total costs.


LCC does not have access to the £44k fund and will not transfer awards to the successful applicants. We will pass on our recommendations for financial support to Renfrewshire Council who will hopefully agree with our decisions, though they will be unable to take any actions on funding until after the local elections on 5 May.


The full list of successful applications, including lead organisation, brief details of the project and financial award, is below:


- Lochwinnoch Primary School Parent Council

Art boards for playground: £108

P1/2 outdoor chalk boards: £132

Decathlon sports equipment: £350

P1/2 outdoor storage facilities: £719

Embankment slide: £3680

Waterproofs school set: £1361

Subtotal: £6350


- Dementia Friendly Group

Film licence purchase: £200

Coach hire: £225

Subtotal: £425


- Lochwinnoch Community Development Trust

Annexe mural: £2000

Samba band instrument purchase: £472

Defibrillators purchase and installation: £4980

Subtotal: £7452


- Lochwinnoch Youth Project

I.T. suite hardware: £687

Camping equipment: £2896

Water sports equipment: £1334

Subtotal: £4917


- Lochwinnoch Community Garden

Raised beds, containers, soil, fertiliser: £1800

Plants and seeds: £400

Subtotal: £2200


- Lochwinnoch Gala Day

Electrical generators, gazebos: £5500


- Lochwinnoch Toddlers Group

Toddlers ‘Play Palace’: £4212


- Lochwinnoch Bowling Club

Bowling green upgrades/repairs: £8000


- Community Larder/Lochwinnoch Primary School

Cooking equipment: £2000


- Lochwinnoch Arts Festival

Mobile stage lighting: £500


- Lochwinnoch Welcomes

Local guide book design/printing: £1600


- Lochwinnoch Force For Nature

Swift boxes: £844


On Tuesday 5 April, LCC held its monthly meeting which was attended by Elaine Lorimer, Supervisory Transportation Officer at Renfrewshire Council, who answered questions on local traffic and transport issues.


The next LCC meeting will take place at 19:30 on Tuesday 3 May at Lochwinnoch Bowling Club. It will be preceded at 18:30 by a meeting with Pauline Moss (Renfrewshire Council) to discuss climate change and environmental issues affecting the village. Members of the public are invited to attend both parts of the evening.

10 views0 comments