Search
  • Lochwinnoch Village Council

Minutes of LCC meeting - 3 May 2022

1 Attendance: Kerr Bryson (KB), Duncan Adam (DA), Kerry McKendrick (KMcK), Steve Banks (SB), Karen Malcolm (KM), Alan Bissett (AB), Dick Graham (DG), Paddy Douglas-Early (PDE), Councillor Andy Doig (C/AD).

Apologies: Ross Anderson, Jeannette Cannon.


2 Police Report: written report detailed by Chair. Heavy bias toward road traffic items. 6 recorded crimes, 2 detected.


3 Minutes April meeting: moved by KB, seconded by PDE.


4 Matters arising:

*Treasurer’s report taken here due to change of disbursement of Ogilvie Homes monies via Community Council account was discussed. Determined to advise Council they must transfer monies as previously suggested.

Also issues relating to Covid Fund/personal donations. Determined to offer donors return of monies.

Determined to pay any necessary expenses of Planning Group for the services of the planning consultant ( reference Ross Anderson (RA) ).

*recording device monitoring traffic speeds moving from Spar to other site after repair.


Councillor Doig report:

*speeding traffic is key issue for voters @ Johnshill.

*mast for Paisley FM requires location in area.

*obtained study into additional powers for local wardens at last Council meeting before poll.

*future idea of collective dialogue across CCs on planning/development discipline –agenda item.


5 Planning issues:

*Burnfoot: copy of response to Planning Framework IV document sent to MSPs etc. Responses from Russell Findlay, Katy Clark with a focus on protecting the CMR Park. Nothing to date from Green, Ross Greer.

*44 High Street, former Chapel site: SB has confirmed original CC position on site @ proposal for affordable housing provided by social landlord, replacement of cherry trees, cpnservation area status. Other objections from the community focus on aesthetics/design.

*LCDT: KM feels there should be more liaison between the Trust and CC. Substantive issue arises over different perspectives on asset transfers particularly Lochead Avenue, where we historically favoured development of affordable housing. Also now apparent asset transfer on the parish church building for an arts venue via the LCDT.

C/AD to share previous email detailing Council’s position circa 2019 on Lochead Avenue site.

Determined to invite LCDT to speak to CC and for CC to further consider use of Lochead Avenue site in the light of current circumstances.


6 Wet Meadow site issues: there have been significant problems for Gala Day organization in consequence of the works. Meeting was convened by C/AD today involving 3 no. Council staff, Gala Day organizers and a CC representative (SB).

The original site for wild beds have been moved after consultation with SEPA, to avoid having to adopt an application under the CAR scheme for river bank developments within 10 metres of the river.

The officials will facilitate redrafting plans of the Gala Day site and achieving licensing of the event.


Additional item: Issue of missing “Struthers Stone”; reported by KM, C/AD to follow up.


The meeting having overrun, it was agreed to carry over items “Calder Glen Access”, “Phone Box” to the next meeting which will be on


TUESDAY, 07 JUNE, 2022 – 18.30 LCDT REPRESENTATIVE – 19.30 LCC MEETING



44 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All